Thursday 21 July 2011

It has taken a lot of time and money to get the puppet working correctly. The first puppet had a fibreglass head and a pull string mouth mech but was found to be too hard to move the mouth about and it was unreliable. The new design is light and strong and takes almost no effort to open and close the mouth.

I would like everyone to have puppet like this so was thinking of 3 options to get it out there.

1. Can buy a fully built puppet. I have enough material to make 3 fully built puppets. I takes me almost a week to build it from start to finish including the jacket and dying the fabric etc. Shipping to USA from UK is almost $60 dollars, so estimate that price would be $360 including shipping. I know this prices out most people but some dont want to build their own.

2. Puppet Kit form - You would get a fully built control mechanism to work the puppet, with a foam head already attached. Pair of white resin cast hands and nose (all need painting). Full instructions how to build the rest of the puppet including patterns for the puppet and the jacket. If I get 10 people interested to purchase this option I can do this for $160.00 each including shipping to USA. If not then then they would be $190.00 each kit.

3. I will eventually post a basic build diary but this will not for a while and will skip over how to build the mechanism. As it isnt a straight forward hand puppet I cannot do what project puppet does either and charge $20 for the pattern etc.

BUT....
I will say if I happen to sell 3 full puppets and 10 kits. I will give the full patterns and how to build the mechanisim and puppet away for free to all members of MuppetCentral.

No comments:

Post a Comment